You’ve probably hear of SSL but were unsure how it would pertain to your website…
In simple terms: SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is a security technology that places a layer of encryption between the server and the user of your website. It allows sensitive information (such as credit card numbers or client addresses) to be transmitted securely. It changes your http to https and gives the green lock so that users know that your site is secure. Basically, it keeps eavesdroppers from accessing and intercepting the data being sent between a browser and a web server.
This used to be more essential for ecommerce sites and sites that accepted credit cards but it has become important for ALL websites to have an SSL certificate.
Top 5 Reasons your Website Needs SSL:
- Improves client trust and your credibility
- Makes your website more secure
- Google Chrome alerts users that http:// sites are insecure and users will navigate away from that site
- Increases SEO ranking as Google has begun penalizing sites without ssl
- All of the web is moving to ssl and https://
How Do You Get SSL for Your Home Inspector Website?
If your website was developed by Modern Home Inspector Websites, we offer a special discounted rate to include this for your site. Contact us to find out more.